Monday, August 1, 2011

ONE DAY WEEKEND

Last night I decided to bakes something. I've been completely into baking again. It's such a nice way to relax and let your mind just rest for a bit.  After having some head breakings on my thesis it was just what I needed. I just discovered this blog cupcakesandcashmere.com ( I know I am late, but I am late in general on this whole blogging thing. I love the way how she mixes fashion with lifestyle) and she recomended this recipe for baking a galette. I didn't know what this was at first but it looked delicious.


I had some fresh rhubarb at home so I decided to make this pi but exchange the fruits for rhubarb. As I am a Dutch girl the measurements got me all confused so for the pate brisee I used this Dutch very simple recipe. The result was i have to say quit delicious. It maybe missed some whipped cream or ice cream, but B loved it. As a swede he is a big Rhubarb fan so it wasn't hard to please him on this. Today I got bag from work and I actually liked it even better cold.

Tomorow I have another day of, so maybe in between writing I will bake something else. B will not like this as he is on some kind of ridiculous health plan. Well bad luck for him and more for me I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment